Valley of a Thousand Hills
Solitaire2:00 from Windhoek
Namiba's Valley of a Thousand Hills is located in the Namib on a highland with a panoramic view of the Guab Valley. The valley is riddled with thousands of hills creating a photographer's heaven.This natural scenery creates a fairy tale feel to a place otherwise known for its dry and arid conditions. Until recently the Valley of a Thousand Hills was not accessible to the general public but due to some considerable effort and planning, this wonder is now just a reservation away. This jewel is one of Namibia's youngest tourist attractions and it proves to be a must see if visiting Namibia.
Please note that the road to the lodge is a gravel road and is not ideally suited for sedan vehicles.
Did You Know?
- We are only 165km from Walvis Bay and Sesriem (Gate to Sossusvlei)
- The Valley was not accessible to the general public until very recently
- All the facilities are brand new
- Depending on our availabilities, we are very flexible regarding check-in and check-out times
- We have plentiful wildlife as most of them can roam free out of the Namib-Naukluft Nature Reserve
What To Do?
- 4x4 trails
- Walking trails
- Visit iconic tourist landmarks
- Bird and wildlife watching
- Take the staircase to heaven where you can see the craters created over thousands of years of limited rainfall