Wolwedans Dune Camp
NamibRand Nature Reserve1:45 from Sesriem
Wolwedans Dune Camp is located within the NamibRand Nature Reserve and provides the perfect base from which to explore vast stretches of awe-inspiring nature.
The Camp’s eight spacious tented chalets rest upon a 250-metre high dune belt, giving visitors with an air for adventure the perfect environment in which to unwind. The unpretentious setting, well-appointed fittings and natural charm of Dune Camp make it the ideal location for younger travelers with a love of the outdoors.
Your comfort will not be compromised: each en-suite room features a sprawling bed with crisp linen, a double vanity, shower and toilet facilities. A generous deck allows for safe sleep-outs under the stars, resulting in a rather civilized camping experience.
Did You Know?
- The Camp is completely run by women – female staff operate, manage and maintain Dune Camp!
- The Wolwedans Collection began with Dune Camp. It was built in 1995.
- In 2011 Wolwedans was chosen as a founding member of the Global Ecosphere Retreats, an initiative spearheaded by the Zeitz Foundation.
What To Do?
- Scenic sunset/ sunrise drive- journey into the horizon to view the magnificence of the sun as it sets or rises over the Namib.
- Walking Safari – get close to nature on this informative guided walk through the world’s oldest desert.
- San Trekking Excursion – discover the “little five” and join one of our experienced San guides on an epic trekking excursion in search the region’s best kept secrets
- Village Tour – don’t miss this exciting back-of-house tour to gain insight into what happens behind the scenes.
For a little extra, you could also enjoy:
- Scenic flights – check for availability and charter a flight over the mesmering
- Hot-air ballooning – float above the clouds on this early morning activity