Sossusvlei0:15 from Sossusvlei
Desert Camp offers self-catering accommodation just 5km from the entrance to Sesriem and Sossusvlei. Nestled under centuries old thorn trees, Desert Camp offers an unsurpassed view over the desert landscape and surrounding mountains.
The 20 affordable, self-catering accommodation units under canvas is equipped with an en-suite bathroom, shaded veranda with a fitted kitchenette, barbeque, power points and an adjacent parking area. Each twin-bedded bedroom features a fold-out sleeper couch where 2 small children (under 12) can be accommodated for free when sharing with their parents.
Facilities at the main building include a fully stocked and serviced bar with big screen television, a sparkling swimming pool and 2 communal boma-areas which are perfect for groups travelling together. Fresh food supplies can be ordered daily at reception.
Meals can be enjoyed at the nearby Sossusvlei Lodge restaurant. Exciting desert activities like Guided Excursions to Sossusvlei, Quad Biking, Sundowner Drives and magnificent Scenic Flights over the dunes and coast can be booked at the Sossusvlei Lodge Adventure Centre.
A fully stocked shop, fuel and an Internet cafÃ© is available at the Sossus Oasis Service Station.
Did You Know?
- At Desert Camp we are proud to be a leading player in the Namibian tourism industry and honoured at the acknowledgement awards we received.
- We have won several Awards of Excellence in various categories from the Hospitality Association of Namibia.
- Desert Camp has received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award which honours hospitality excellence and is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor.
- We strive to offer our customers a memorable experience, and this accolade is evidence that our hard work is translating into positive traveller reviews on TripAdvisor.
What To Do?
- Enjoy Activities from the Sossusvlei Lodge Adventure Centre
- Relax at the Sparkling Pool or Bar area
- Take a walk on the dedicated Walking Trail on the premises