Sesriem0:45 from Sesriem
The Desert Homestead has been skillfully designed to incorporate all the features of a lodge that encapsulates the essence of the desert environment it depicts. Conveniently situated on pristine and privately owned land in close proximity to Sossuvlei, home to the highest dunes in the world. The impressive Naukluft Mountain mass stretches vertically, flat like an enormous table top across the eastern horizon, forming a migration corridor between the Pro-Namib and desert for wildlife such as oryx, springbok, ostrich and predators like leopard, brown hyena and common hyena in search of prey and greener pastures.
Did You Know?
- Desert Homestead is situated on a 45 000 ha private reserve on the edge of the Pro-Namib
- The horse trails are for entry level to more advanced riders.
What To Do?
- Sossusvlei excursions conducted with our guides and 4x4 vehicles
- Naukluft excursion
- Sundowner drive
- Horse sleep-outs for 1 - 3 nights
- Horse sundowner ride
- Horse breakfast ride
- Our self-guided (free of charge) walking
- Hot Air Ballooning can be booked on request with the lodge