Walvis BayIn Walvis Bay
Overlooking the Walvis Bay lagoon, Egumbo Lodge is an elegant Colonial lodge offering exclusive accommodation in nine rooms. Guests can enjoy wines from the selectively stocked cellar, a premium whisky corner, heated swimming pool, Wi-Fi access, and central heating throughout the premises. In addition, a flat-screen television and espresso coffee machine is also available in each room.
The lodge is a delight for bird-watchers, with a multitude of migratory sea birds feeding only metres away. Leisure and sports activities such as kayaking, marine cruises, 4x4 desert tours or quad biking can also be arranged on request, as well as airport transfers.
Did You Know?
- We are the number 1 lodge in Walvisbay on TripAdvisor
- We offer Free WiFi throughout the premises
- We have a Wine Cellar with a selectively stocked wines
- Our swimming pool can be heated
What To Do?
- We are located just accross from the laggoon, which is an international Ramsar Sanctuary for birds. Estimated to be over 3500 years old it is one of the most important coastal wetland in Southern Africa, and a must-see for bird lovers.
- Those keen to explore the open sea can se off in a sea kayak. Close-up views of the Cape fur seals, water birds and dolphins can be experienced, as well as the occasional sightings of leatherback turtles and whales.
- The dominant south-westerly winds create ideal conditions for a variety of water-sports and regattas for hobbie cats, fireballs and catamarans, that are organized by the Walvis Bay Yacht Club.
- We can arrange a selection of activities: (pre-booking): Boat Cruises, Desert Tour, Fishing Trips, Sporting Activities (Kayaking, Windsurfing etc.)