Moon Mountain Lodge
Solitaire0:15 from Solitaire
An ultra luxury tented lodge ideally located in the Naukluft Mountains. Enjoy sheer luxury with exquisite views from your bed or private splash pool.
Built and completed in 2009 on the Moon Mountain Top, as fixed adjacent rooms with all the comforts of a room, but the airy feeling of a tent. Moon Mountain Lodge is ideally situated for any holiday guest who wants to visits the world's highest dunes in Sossusvlei, as the lodge is only 50km away from the entrance gate and close to the quaint little village of Solitaire.
All of our rooms offer breathtaking views of the Namib Naukluft scenery, including mountains, dunes, springbok, oryx, mountain zebra, and birds. Accommodation comprises 11 Luxury Rooms and six Executive Suites, with the the lodge's Nebula Restaurant offering seating for up to 46 people and serving traditional Namibian cuisine. The Cosmos Bar is fully licensed and boasts a large adjoining sun deck from which stars can be gazed upon at night. The deck also presents a spectacular view of the petrified dunes of the Namib Desert and sunsets to awe you. As we strive to keep noise pollution to a minimum and guest relaxation as a priority, rooms are not fitted with TVs. The lodge does however feature a small cinema, complete with large flat screen TV, surround sound, DVD player, and DStv.
Did You Know?
- The lodge was built in the middle of nature, it was done so with care to the future and with as little impact on the Nature as possible. Proud to have used recycled plastic instead of wood and its own water recycling plant, watering an organic garden are just a few measures used to make it ecologically friendly.
- The lodge's Nebula Restaurant offers seating for 46 people and traditional Namibian Cuisine.
- The Cosmos Bar is fully licensed and has a big adjoining sun deck from which stars can be gazed upon at night. The Deck also presents a spectacular view of the Petrified Dunes of the Namib Desert and sunsets to awe you.
- All rooms have their own private splash pool.
- We are deally situated for any holiday guest who wants to visits the world's highest dunes in Sossusvlei
What To Do?
Activities available in the area include serene Hot air balloon flights, scenic flights with Airplane or Helicopters, Dune drives, Sun-downer drives, Game drives, Mountain trails and a lot of photo opportunities.
Optional excursions around the lodge are as follows:
- Sossusvlei Excursions
- Includes Vehicle, Guide, Fuel, Entrance Fees, On Board Refreshments
- Afternoon Excursion - Mountain Sunset
- Includes Vehicle, Fuel, Sun-downer Drink
- Afternoon Excursion-Dune Drive