Lady Pohamba Private Hospital is proud to announce the “CHANGE A LIFE” CHARITY FUN RUN/WALK on behalf of the Windhoek Life Change Center (WLCC). All proceeds will go towards charity (visit the WLCC Facebook page for more information about this Welfare Organization).
5km fun walk/ 5 & 10km run/ virtual events
Challenge your friends/family/co-workers to join you for a fun-filled and exciting walk/run. Groups are encouraged to dress in matching T-shirts/hats or according to a theme of their choice.
Santa shoe boxes for children/clothes (all ages)/non-perishable food items welcome for donation at the event (please mark Santa shoe boxes either boy or girl)
Food stalls will be available for breakfast purchases
Companies are encouraged to pledge an amount for this worthy cause (automatic free entry for maximum of 5 employees for pledges of N$5 000 and above) and to challenge other companies to match their pledged amount
Date: Saturday 5 December 2020
Time: 10km run starts at 06h00
5km run starts at 06h30
5km fun walk starts at 07h00
Venue: Lady Pohamba private hospital staff parking lot, Ombika street, Kleine Kuppe, Windhoek
Entry fee: Adults – N$100 for all distances
Children 3-12 years – N$50 for all distances
Children < 3years – free
Entry via EventsToday or at Lady Pohamba Private Hospital
Registration: Friday 4 December 2020 14h00-17h00 at Lady Pohamba hospital main entrance or before the event in the parking lot on 5 December (collection of race numbers, T-shirts, route maps and late entries – cash only)
*Virtual race 5km or 10km (27 November - 4 December 2020) – own route anywhere in Namibia during this period (please share your photos with us on the Lady Pohamba Private hospital Facebook page)
*Free T-shirt for the first 200 entries – only for participants of actual event on 5 December, to be collected at registration
*Water points will be available
*Lucky draw prizes to be won
*Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
*Regrettably no pets allowed
*Medical assistance available on race day
PLEASE NOTE – COVID-19 REGULATIONS APPLY. SOCIAL DISTANCING AND FACE MASKS COMPULSORY
Upon entering for the Lady Pohamba Private Hospital Charity Fun run/walk, I (for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators) agree with the Organiser and each Event Sponsor that:
1. I waive, release and discharge Lady Pohamba Private Hospital (Organiser) and the event sponsors and each of their respective officers, employees, contractors, volunteers or agents involved in the Event from all claims or causes of action I may have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by me including personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property arising either directly or indirectly out of my attendance at or participation in the Event. This includes but is not limited to children in prams arising either directly or indirectly out of my or their attendance at or participation in the Event. I agree to take all necessary precautions and actions to ensure any child or person accompanying me, whether in a pram or not, is safe.
2. I indemnify and will keep indemnified the Organiser and each Event Sponsor against all costs, losses or damages arising from or in relation to my attendance at or participation in the Event including the attendance or participation of any person in my care.
3. I declare that I am physically fit and have trained sufficiently to participate in and complete the Event.
4. I consent to the free use of my name and pictures of me in any broadcast, telecast and print by the Organiser and/or the Event Sponsors in relation to the Event.
5. I agree to adhere to all event rules and conditions. I understand that I must follow the approved course (endeavouring to keep to the right side of the road at ALL times), observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by event officials and the police. The event organisers reserve the right in their discretion to reject or cancel my entry at any time, including without limitation for safety or insurance reasons, or if, in the opinion of the organisers, I am unable to complete the event within the cut-off times where Lady Pohamba Private hospital will not be required to refund entry fees in such circumstances.
6. I accept that I must wear the appropriate running clothes and shoes. No roller skates, roller blades,hand-cycles, geared vehicles, skateboards, bicycles, scooters or accessories that may cause injury will be permitted.
7. I acknowledge that the Event organisers or its representative may remove me from the event area and/or exclude me from participation in the event (i) on medical, health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person), (ii) to prevent damage to any property, (iii) if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive, (iv) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
8. I agree to obey and accept the Event rules and any other instructions (whether announced on the day or otherwise) and understand that failure to do so may result in my removal from the event, with no refund given.
9. I agree that Lady Pohamba Private hospital reserves the right to refuse entry into the fun run/walk on any grounds.
10. I agree that should the Event be cancelled or if I do not participate in the Event for any reason, my entry fee will not be refunded, and no liability will attach to the Organiser or the Event Sponsors in relation to this as all proceeds will go to charity.
11. I consent to receive and agree to pay for any medical treatment (including transport by ambulance) which is considered in the reasonable opinion of the Event medical officials to be advisable, before, during or after the Event.
12. I consent to the Organisers entering my personal details contained into a database which will be used for the administration of the event, including to SMS event information to me if I have provided a mobile phone number if necessary.
13. I attend and participate in the Event exclusively at my own risk. At all times I have the option of not participating or withdrawing from the Event at any time.
14. I agree to walk and not to run if I am registered as a walker. If I intend to run and walk, then I will register as a runner.
15. I agree that no pets will be allowed at the event and that I may be refused to participate if I bring my pets along.
16. Emergency contact name and phone numbers must be provided on the registration form and I agree that the Event organisers, or its medical representatives may contact that person and exchange my personal information with them in case of an emergency.
17. I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understood and accept these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them in relation to my attendance at and participation in the Event.
18. Minors - I attest that if I am younger than 18 years of age, my parents or legal guardian have executed this waiver below and that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in all activities associated with the program or events and my participation in such program or events is voluntary.
18.1 I, as the parent or legal guardian, confirm that my child is fit for the event, and I consent to my child’s participation.
18.2 I have read and I understand the above contract.
18.3 In consideration of allowing my child to participate, I consent to the contract and agree that it’s terms shall likewise bind me, my child, and our heirs, legal representatives, and assignees. I hereby release and shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the releasees from every claim and any liability that I or my child may allege against the releasees (including reasonable legal fees and costs) as a direct or indirect result of injury or death to me or my child or loss or damage to my or my child’s property because of my child’s participation in the event, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or others to the maximum extent permitted by law.
18.4 I promise not to sue releasees on my behalf or on behalf of my child regarding any claim arising from my child’s participation in the event.
18.5 I, as parent or legal guarding, agree that an adult will accompany my child at all times and not allow them to participate on their own.