Namibia, we need your help in making dementia a distant memory. Get involved by buying a competition ticket.
Lions International was founded in 1918. The aim of the organization is to encourage dedicated citizens to engage themselves in service activities for the betterment of their communities under the simple motto "We Serve".
The Lions Club Henties Bay, is in the process of constructing a centre to care for people living with dementia in Namibia.
- Challenging enough is that all old age homes in our country do not cater for the illness, or cases are treated incorrectly and unfairly.
- This illness is increasing day by day, and is becoming more and more common.
- We do not have the educated skill in the country to look after such patients.
- Namibia does not have the facilities to look after Namibians living with dementia.
The cost for the first phase that can accommodate 14 people is N$ 3 million. An amount of N$ 1 825 000 is already available as cash in the bank. We still need to raise N$ 1 175 000.
This funds were sourced as follows:
- Henties Bay Lions Club – N$1 000 000
- Swakopmund Lions Club – N$ 750 000
- Altefeste Lions Club – N$ 75 000
We need all the assistance (in cash or in kind) that we can get in realizing our dream – to provide quality care to people living with dementia in Namibia.
The estimated cost of Phases 2 & 3 will also be, in current values, N$3 000 000 each, but the cost will escalate by at least the Namibian CPI+ per annum.
Buy your ticket today.
Also want to make a donation? CLICK HERE
A total of 10 winning tickets
- Ten day RAW tour – Exclusive self-drive tour for 4 persons guided by About Africa through The Namib Desert, Damaraland & Kaokoland, worth N$ 72 120.00. Dates to be determined between the winner and the tour operator.
- Forbidden Land / Shipwreck Trail - Self-drive tour of 5 nights / 6 days for 4 persons guided by Desert Magic Tours from Luderitz to Walvis Bay, worth N$ 60 000.00. Winners must slot in with a planned tour.
- Skeleton Coast Expedition – an 8 day self-drive tour from Swakopmund to the Kunene River mouth (and back) for 4 persons guided by Wild Expeditions, worth N$ 51 000.00. Winners must slot in with a planned tour.
- Faces of the Namib Tour – Exclusive self-drive tour from Solitaire to Walvis Bay through the Kuiseb River Canyon for 4 persons guided by About Africa worth N$ 51 800.00. Dates to be determined between the winner and the tour operator.
- Diamond Trail Tour – self-drive tour from Luderitz to Walvis Bay for 4 persons guided by Desert Magic Tours worth N$ 46 000.00. Winners must slot in with a planned tour.
- Angola Tour – a 10 day self-drive tour to south western Angola for 4 persons worth N$42 000.00. Winner must slot in with a planned tour.
- Skeleton Coast Expedition – an 8 day self-drive tour from Swakopmund to the Kunene river mouth and back for 4 persons guided by Wild Expeditions worth N$ 51 000.00. Winners must slot in with a planned tour.
- Meob Bay Fishing Tour – a 4 day self-drive tour to Meob Bay (south of Walvis Bay) for 2 days of excellent fishing (catch & release) for 4 persons worth N$ 24 000.00
- Meob Bay Fishing tour – a 4 day self-drive tour to Meob Bay (south of Walvis Bay) for 2 days of excellent fishing (catch & release) for 4 persons worth N$24 000.00
- Henties Bay holiday for 6 nights in Fisherman Guesthouse for 4 persons with 2 days of guided fishing by Louis Fenaux, a professional fishing guide, worth N$24 000.00
Competition Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for the Special Project to raise the necessary funds for the development of the Namibia Lions Dementia Centre.
- This fundraising competition is based on the principles of a lottery.
- A total of 10 tickets will be randomly drawn.
- Each winning ticket will receive a prize of a 4 x 4 route trip for 4 people in Namibia. (It cannot be explored privately).
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash but are transferable. Nominee (transferee) should be identified within 2 months after the draw date and agreed on with the organizers (Henties Bay Lions Club).
- Prizes will be valid and redeemable until and including November 2022.
- Tickets to enter this competition can be purchased through EventsToday on the following 2 platforms: (i) the TODAY website (today.com.na), and on the PayToday App.
- A total of 5000 tickets will be available for sale @ N$750.00 per ticket.
- Ticket sales will open on 2 April 2021 and close at midnight on 3 October 2021.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Only tickets that have been paid in full by the closing date and time will be entered into the lottery draw. Underpaid tickets are not eligible to win a prize and will not be refunded.
- The draw date is scheduled to take place on 16 October 2021 at the Henties Bay Lions Club service center open to all ticket holders and the public. The draw will also be open for virtual attendance.
- The organizers have the right to extend the closing & draw date should all 5000 tickets not be sold by the closing date of 3 October 2021.
- Winning ticket-holders will be contacted via email and / or cellphone call. It is the responsibility of the ticket buyer to enter their correct contact information when purchasing a ticket.
- All proceeds will be used for charity projects only. The objective is to repeat the project on an annual basis to ensure future income to complete this project and start new projects in future.
- The whole project will be verified and audited by PKF-FCS Auditors, the auditors of Henties Bay Lions Club.
**The Terms and Conditions of EventsToday and PayToday (StayToday Bookings Namibia Pty Ltd) also apply; being:
- Tickets will be available to the public through the TODAY website www.today.com.na (card / EFT options) and on the PayToday App.
- By using the TODAY website and the PayToday App, the web/App user agrees to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions of EventsToday and PayToday, both registered under Stay Today Bookings Namibia (Pty Ltd).
- It is the responsibility of the ticket buyer to correctly select the intended ticket type and ticket quantity to be purchased. It is the ticket buyer’s responsibility to ensure the content of their online cart is correct before confirming payment. Should the ticket buyer make an error, they are required to immediately contact EventsToday via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Cancellations of such tickets are governed by the Cancellation Policy of StayToday Bookings Namibia (Pty Ltd).
- For ticket buyers who select the Bank Transfer payment option (EFT) on the TODAY website: it is their responsibility pay the correct amount in full within 24hours of booking the ticket, make use of the ticket reference/voucher as the recipient payment reference, and email proof of payment to email@example.com. These instructions are communicated on the TODAY website and via email when selecting the Bank Transfer payment option.
- For ticket buyers purchasing a ticket on the TODAY website: your name, email address and cellphone number will be requested on the payment page. For ticket buyers purchasing a ticket on the PayToday App: your name, email address and cellphone will be requested when you sign up with the App. Please ensure that this information is entered correctly. EventsToday and PayToday will not accept the responsibility of ticket winners that cannot be contacted due to incorrect contact information provided by the ticket buyer.
- Ticket buyers will receive their ticket confirmation both via email and SMS with a unique ticket reference and access code per purchase transaction. Ticket buyers are not required to print their tickets.
- Unique ticket numbers are automatically and randomly generated by the ticketing system. Ticket buyers cannot select their ticket numbers.
- EventsToday and PayToday will not accept the responsibility of tickets transferred or re-sold by ticket holders or event/project organizers.
- Should the closing date and/or draw date be postponed by the event/project organizer (Henties Bay Lion’s Club), the event organizers or EventsToday will provide notice (whether electronically or otherwise) or contact the ticket buyers to inform you of the postponement.
- Neither StayToday nor our affiliates, directors, employees, officers, contractors, nominees or agents will be responsible or liable in any way for any damage or loss of whatsoever nature arising from the postponement and/or cancellation of an event, your use of and/or reliance on our services and website or on any information provided on or via the website. This includes, without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, whether arising out of contract, statute, delict, tort or otherwise and regardless of whether we were expressly advised of the possibility of such damage or loss. You acknowledge that use of this website and/or our services is entirely at your own risk.
**The above are Terms and Conditions of the entity (StayToday Bookings Pty Ltd) who will be managing the fund process.