CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF RUNNING TOGETHER
The 2021 Rössing Marathon is taking place on Saturday, 19 June 2021 as a VIRTUAL EVENT.
- 42.2km Marathon - starts at 7.00 - cut-off at 12.00 (noon)
- 21.1km Marathon - starts at 7.00 - cut-off at 10.00
- 10km Run - starts at 7.30 - cut-off at 9.00
Paid-up entries (proof of payment must be provided) get a race pack (while stocks last - the sooner you enter the better).
Please take note that entry tickets are non-refundable.
Important Registration Information
- Please ensure you have completed and submitted the online entry form provided by EventsToday.
- All race packs will be couriered to provided physical addresses by 11 June 2021. If you have not submitted your entry form by 21 May 2021, then you forfeit your race pack.
- Once you have purchased your entry ticket, please download the FinishTime App and register to track your time and distance on race day.
- Late registration will not be accepted.
- Paid entries are non-refundable upon cancellation.
For help with your entry please contact EventsToday: 081 203 4231 / email@example.com
For race info contact Frank Slabbert: 081 240 3383 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules & Regulations
- Eligibility to participate
THE FOLLOWING AGE RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO ROAD RUNNING IN NAMIBIA:
1.1. Minimum age to participate in a road race is 12 years
1.2. Under age 14 - maximum 10km
1.3. 14-15 years - maximum 15km
1.4. 16-19 years - maximum 32km
1.5. Entrants for the full marathon must have turned 20 years of age, and for the half marathon 16 years of age, by the day of the race.
1.6. Ages shall be taken as being the age of the athlete on the day of the race.
- The official cut-off time for the marathon will be five (5) hours, or 12:00. The official cut-off time for the 21km run is three (3) hours. The official cut-off time for the 10km run is two (2) hours.
- Traffic rules are to be strictly adhered. There are no traffic officials and marshals, so be aware of vehicles on the roads.
- Make sure you submit your time at the end of the race, to receive a medal.
- No Prizes monies.
I declare that all information supplied by me is true and correct. I am in good health to enter and participate in the Rössing Marathon. I know that running a road race is potentially hazardous. I should not run unless I am medically fit, able and properly trained. I agree to abide by any decisions of a race official relative to my ability and to safely complete the run. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Swakop Striders, the town of Swakopmund, Namibia, Rössing Uranium Limited and all other sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participating in this event, even if that liability arises out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons/entities named in this waiver. From time to time our sponsors may want to use the information provided by me in this entry form to communicate details about their operations. I am willing to have my information used for this purpose. I also grant permission to use my name, race information and photographs, videotapes, broadcasts and telecasts in which I may appear, free of charge. By signing here I also acknowledge that I read and understand the RULES AND REGULATIONS listed in this entry form.